Sunday, March 06, 2011

Water, Water, Everywhere

Over the last couple of days we have received a lot of rain.  Today the creek than runs through town was overflowing its banks in several spots.

This is the view from my bedroom window of the creek that runs along the back of my property.  Normally the creek is so low the water is not visible.  The creek is up at least 6ft, and is 10ft wider than normal
Another view of the far corner of my yard.  There is an old beaver damn 6ft under that torrent of water.
 This is the view of the Lenoir Greenway (bike path system in town) that goes under Highway 321.   The opening on the right is the path, and its under at least 18" of water.

 I decided to cut my apres-storm bike ride short after seeing this.
 A backed up storm drain manhole.  Rather nasty stuff really.  This was washing over the greenway.

Needless to say the town is going to have to spend some time cleaning up from this storm.