Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Missives On The Current Heatwave

It has been rather hot around here as of late. - approaching 99F before humidex (yeah I know, it can get hotter in places, but I am a northern bear - 99F is for cooking, not living in)  This here (shamelessly borrowed from Penny Arcade) is my thoughts on the recent weather:


 Another thought that has occurred to me recently (at Geowoodstock IX to be precise), is that I am getting acclimated to the weather. I biked home in the 99F weather yesterday and it really didn't bother me.

It used to be, back in the northlands of Canada, that 88F would be an unbearable heat.  There would be heat advisory warnings, people would claim the apocalypse is upon them, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

Now having been through 3 North Carolina summers, 88F feels... refreshing. Craziness.

Yeah, we are definitely getting used to the southern climate :)