Sunday, October 30, 2011

Renaissance Festival

The parents-in-laws have been in town for the last few days.  On Saturday we went to the Renaissance Festival in Huntersville NC.   None of us had been to a Renaissance Festival before so we didn't really know what to expect.  It turns out is is like a state fair but with fewer carnies and much more fun.

The rest of this post will mainly be in pictures, but first I'll highlight a couple things that made this day extra special:
  • It was Halloween weekend so all of the booths had candy to give to the kids.  Once Zeke clued into this delicious fact he spent a good amount of time walking into the booths and yelling "treat!" until he got some candy.  He ended up with quite the haul.
  • I was wearing a geocaching shirt, and because of it I met several other geocachers, including the Blacksmith, and the dude that sold me my lunch.
  • Any "meat on a stick" is tasty.
Now, on to the photos....


Turkey legs qualify as Meat On A Stick.

Zeke smelling the rose I bought for my wife.


The "hero" for the joust.





Minstrels