Sunday, February 03, 2013

Hockey Night In Carolina: Ottawa Senators Edition


I found myself in Raleigh North Carolina last weekend, so on a whim I checked to see if any NHL games were playing. Much to my delight my favourite team, the Ottawa Senators, were going to be in town on Friday.  I didn't want to miss the chance to catch a Sens game, so I decided I must go check it out.

+Andrew Smith was free that night so we headed out to the PNC Center for a guys night out watching hockey.

I have now attended two NHL games in a single year, which I believe makes me an official "sporting enthusiast". It is very exciting.

Despite the Sens playing in typical Canadian Sporting Tradition (aka, if there isn't a gold medal on the line, we shall fold like a cheap shirt - it is only polite, eh?), I had a lot of fun. Especially exiting was the last second open netter goal (which didn't count by mere miliseconds), and the US vs Canada jibes between me and Andy.  Fantastic good times.

We were sitting 7 rows up from the blue line so we had a great view.  I took 1065 photos with my point-and-shoot camera, and actually managed to get some shots that don't completely suck.  Sports photography from the stands is always difficult - doubly so without big glass of a DLSr.

So here are some semi-decent snapshots of the action and excitement of the Ottawa Senators vs the Carolina Hurricanes.