Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Seeking International Geocachers for Travel Bug Race

In 2013 I held a world wide travel bug race. Details here: http://debaere.blogspot.com/p/take-me-to-your-leader.html. A lot of folks enjoyed following in, and participating in, the race so I want to do it again.

This year I am going to repeat that race, but on a larger scale.  However I will need some help to get the travel bugs released globally.  If you are interested in helping, this form is for you.

This is a sign up form to release a travel bug for the 2014 Travel Bug race.  I am particularly interested in geocachers in the following areas:
Eastern Canada
Southern Europe
South America
Africa
Asia
New Zealand.

However I will accept offers from anywhere.

If you live in these areas and are willing to release a travel bug for the race, please fill out the form (linked below).  I will then contact the most likely candidates and mail out a travel bug.  I am going to select folks based on geographic diversity, so please don't be upset if you are not selected.  I thank you in advance for your interest.

By filling out this form you are agreeing to allow me to mail you a travel bug, and that you will release it in a suitable cache as soon as possible, preferably within 2-3 days of receiving the travel bug in the mail. I will provide the travel bug, and pay for all shipping and materials.  You just need to drop the bug in a cache.  Pretty easy.  Your reward is to be part of something epic.

Note: I will keep all of your information private. The only information I will release is your geocaching name, and the location where the TB was dropped (which will be listed on the TB pages on geocaching.com anyway).  All your personal information will be deleted once the TB in question has been dropped in a cache.  Trust me, I'm Canadian.

[[ SIGNUP IS CLOSED - STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS ]]