Thursday, May 01, 2014

Creative Cache Containers Part VI

This is the sixth installment of my creative cache series.  All of these caches have been spotted in the wild during my various cache hunts.  I hope that by sharing some of the awesome and creative hides that I have found over the years it may inspire others to build and hide their own creative caches.

So lets get started.

A quick and easy way to make a fun cache is to be thematic to the location, such as this cache hidden in the woods behind a ball field.  It is a nano container in a baseball - simple, but effective.
I always appreciate a good gadget cache.  This one requires the use of a credit card to get opened.  When you push in the credit card, it trips a gate latch, which allows the door to be opened.
Sometimes the best geocaches are ones with a twist, or a trick.  This next one has a locked ammo can and a bag of 50ish keys... only one unlocks the can... good luck! (It only took me 25 tries!) Note: if you were wondering, the ammo can and the bag of keys were hidden in a 5 gallon pail (not pictured).
This next cache is the exact opposite of the previous one.  Sometimes the best creative caches are the simplest.  This is a fake plant with a bison tube attached.   This one is hidden 10ft off trail, but easily visible.  100 people a day walk past this point, but I bet none of them notice the cache hidden in plain view.
Using humour is also a great way to make a cache memorable.  This cache is billed as the shortest multi-cache ever.  I don't think I can argue that claim.

Hopefully this post has encouraged some of you to go out and build a creative cache.  If it has, let me know about it by dropping it into the comments below.

You can check out the rest of the posts in this series by clicking here: Creative Cache Containers: The Series.