Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Geo-Earthquake?

Early Monday morning there was a level 3 earthquake in the hills near my house in western North Carolina.  I have lived here 6 years, and this is the first earthquake I've heard of that has been anywhere close (the only other one I've heard of was centered near Washington DC).

The geocaches in that area are fairly sparse as well, but there is one very close to the epicenter - it is a multi with the final even closer to the epicenter.  Suspicious, isn't it?

I can't confirm that the geocache caused the earthquake, but the circumstantial evidence is pretty overunderwhelming.

What do you think? Have the caches in western North Carolina gone rogue and started an offensive via geological faults, or just a coincidence?  Is Elvis still alive?  You decide.



(note: This is a great area of (non)logic to apply the Chewbacca Defense.  If Chewbacca lived on Endor, then the caches are alive and targeting us!)