Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A New Adventure Begins: The Great Scavenger Meet Up

For the last few years my wife and I have been participating in the +Chrysta Rae Photography Scavenger Hunt (you can see some of my entries here).  The Hunt has been running almost since the beginning of Google Plus, but we've never met up in real life as a group.

That all changed recently when we all got together in Las Vegas for The Great Scavenger Meet Up.  It was an action packed weekend, and I will get to all the stories over the next few weeks.

We first have to get to Vegas.  The following are some pics of our cross-country flight.

We'll start with taking off from the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.


We flew over the snow-covered central part of the country.
 This shot is looking over the horizon from the back of the plane while we approached the Grand Canyon in Arizona.
We finally landed at McCarran International airport in sunny Las Vegas.

Shortly after this shot was taken, my wife and I commenced one of the most action packed weekend adventure either of us has ever had (and that is saying something).  Over the next bunch of posts I'll fill in the details.

Stay tuned!