Sunday, December 20, 2015

Always Keep An Eye On The Guy With The Big White Lens

A few weeks ago I was walking through the middle of Central Park, in New York City.  It was my first time in this section of the park, so I was a little overwhelmed at the scale, and all the things to see.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I spot a photographer with a huge telephoto lens  (ya know those big white Canon ones that just scream 'I got more zoom than you!' ?  It was a larger one of those) jogging across the grass, looking up into the trees.  So I looked up as well to see what he was looking at, and saw a red tailed hawk, just hanging out in the middle of the city:

It was at that moment that I learned a valuable lesson:  Always keep an eye on the guy with the big white lens, cause when he swings into action, there will be something cool to see.

Also learned in the moment right after this one is to keep your camera pointed at the wildlife.  Because if I did, the next photo would be of a red tailed hawk swooping right over my head.  However, I learned that lesson about 20 seconds too late, so you get nothing.  Sorry about that.